Viton® FreeFlow™ Z Technology
Smooth Your Plastic Extrusion Process and Increase Your Production Output
Next-generation plastic process aid delivers higher yields and reduces downtime, creating higher profit margins for film manufacturers.
Upgrade Your Fluoropolymer Process Aid to Improve Productivity and Quality
Viton® FreeFlow™ Z is the answer for manufacturers who are unaware of the benefits of using next-generation PPAs to overcome extrusion process difficulties.
Viton FreeFlow Z200 series products enable you to push the manufacturing envelope to higher temperatures to maximize your output.
They offer more consistent performance over a broader range of processing conditions while minimizing discoloration caused by thermal breakdown. These products also reduce olfactory effects during processing and in final products. All this is achieved at lower concentrations than old PPA technology.
The U.S. patented technology raises the bar for processing performance levels and will change your expectations for polymer process aids.
Download Viton® FreeFlow™ Z Technology™ Data Sheet
Plastic Process Aid Targets Pitfalls in the Extrusion Process
Viton FreeFlow transforms film production by targeting common pitfalls in the extrusion manufacturing process: throughput, downtime, and scrap.
Smooths Process Throughput
A slippery coating reduces friction by coating the inside of the die with a microscopically thin, non-stick film. Reduced friction at the resin/die interface and allows the extrusion to flow freely and more rapidly through the die opening eliminating shark skin and enabling higher rates.
Reduces Die Build-Up & Downtime
Cleaning die build-up is a major source of downtime during the film production process. Viton FreeFlow’s non-stick properties prevent the accumulation of resin particles at the die exit, reducing the major cause of die build-up.
Enhances product change over
With the PPA added to the resin melt stream, the slippery coating on the die surface allows for faster transition between products. This results in reduced scrap generation during changeover and reduced need for purge compounds.
See the Results for Yourself
Eliminates melt fracture in blown film
Reduces die build-up
Blown Film With Melt Fracture Without Viton® FreeFlow™ Process Aid
Blown Film With Viton® FreeFlow™ Process Aid
Extrusion Process Die Build-Up Without Viton® FreeFlow™ Process Aid
Smooth Extrusion Process With Viton® FreeFlow™ Process Aid
Adding less than one part per thousand of Viton® FreeFlow™ eliminates melt fracture in blown films and reduces die buildup in extrusions
Product Research Backs Extrusion Manufacturing Results
Viton FreeFlow has been put to the test against other leading polymer processing aid brands.
Research conducted by Chemours and other industry leaders has shown significant results in proving Viton FreeFlow’s performance as a PPA.
Higher Melt Strength & Faster Cooling
Viton® FreeFlow™ Z Technology™ products resist aggressive additives like antiblock better than conventional process aids
In research conducted by DuPont, PE resins containing Viton® FreeFlow™ were processed with a 25ºC lower melt temperature while using the same die pressure. This translates into higher melt strength and faster cooling for better gauge control, greater output, and lower haze.
Better Quality Product Appearance & Strength
Viton® FreeFlow™ Z Technology™ can improve film properties
Other research has shown significant improvements in product appearance (smoother, higher-gloss finish) and mechanical strength (tear, dart impact) derived from the use of Viton® FreeFlow™.
Excellent Manufacturing Performance From Formulation to Finished Product
The processing advantages of Viton® FreeFlow™ at every step in the value chain makes your choice of PPAs an easy one. From extrusion pelletizing of resins and masterbatches to the extrusion of finished products, Viton® FreeFlow™ delivers superior results.
- Reduced Die Buildup
- Eliminates Melt Fracture
- Reduce Olfactory effects
- Resistant to discoloration
- Improved bubble stability
- Reduced need for blending
Viton® FreeFlow™ Z Technology Produces Better Products
Faster production rates
Improve film quality
High-Quality Results for Blown Film Extrusion, Extruded Shapes, Fibers & Monofilaments
Higher yields & profitability possible across the industry
- Prevents “sharkskin” melt fracture
- Smoother, clearer film
- High-gloss finish
- Keeps die face clean by reducing die build-up
- Reduces product scrap caused by die lines
- Lengthens intervals between downtime & maintenance
Fibers & Monofilaments
- Reduces strand breakage caused by die build-up
- Improved throughput
- Faster winding speeds
Bottom Line Performance Enhancement with Plastic Process Aids
Viton vs Product A
Viton™ FreeFlow™ Z Technology™
Z200 (fluoroelastomer plus PCL) at 400 ppm (vs. 800 ppm)
Viton FreeFlow and Z Technology are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Chemours Company, LLC. All rights reserved.
Convention Fluoroelastomer Plus Glycol 800 ppm
All films made from 1 MI butane resin containing 500 ppm antiblock and 1200 ppm slip and were extruded at 400 sec-1 (8 lb/in/hr: 03″ die gap)
One Technology, Two Product Families
Viton® FreeFlow™ Z100 family
The Viton FreeFlow Z100 family is designed with a conventional interfacial agent, polyethylene glycol (PEG), at lower levels than other fluoroelastomer PPAs. This technology offers improved performance.
- delivers the ultimate process aid performance when a conventional interfacial agent is required
Viton® FreeFlow™ Z200 family
The Viton FreeFlow Z200 family is designed with a unique interfacial agent, polycaprolactone (PCL), that offers superior performance characteristics. This innovative technology offers best-in-class performance with the following benefits:
- reduces potential olfactory effects in the final product
- reduces screw slippage in extruders
- leading to more uniform dosing and higher production rates
- more thermally and oxidatively
- stable than PEG products, allowing processing at higher temperatures
- reduces the potential for negative interactions with other film additives such as antiblock, HALs fillers and antioxidants
- delivers the ultimate process aid performance and value in most cases
- Material Safety Data Sheet Viton FreeFlow Version 2.2 – 2010
- Material Safety Data Sheet Viton FreeFlow FF10-25PL
- Material Safety Data Sheet Viton FreeFlow GB Version 5.0 – 2017
- Material Safety Data Sheet Viton FreeFlow Z100 Series – 2016
- Safety Data Sheet Viton FreeFlow SC-PW, Version 4.0 – 2017
- Safety Data Sheet Viton FreeFlow Z200 Series – 2017
- Safety Data Sheet Viton FreeFlow RC Version 4.0 – 2017
- Viton FreeFlow 10 Technical Information
- Viton FreeFlow 40 Technical Information
- Viton FreeFlow GB Technical Information
- Viton FreeFlow RC Technical Information
- Viton FreeFlow Z100 and Z110 Technical Information
- Viton FreeFlow Z200 and Z210 Technical Information
- A Guide for Concentrate Preparation and Handling Viton FreeFlow Polymer Processing Additives
- How to Measure Processing Additive Concentration
Strengthen Your Bottom Line with Viton® FreeFlow™ Z Technology™
Contact Tomark Industries for Pricing & Product Details
About Tomark Industries
Tomark is the authorized distributor for Viton® FreeFlow™ fluoroelastomer process aids from Chemours for North America. Tomark leverages its strong technical background to distribute specialty products, working closely with masterbatch makers, compounders and resin manufacturers to successfully implement productivity improvements using our products.
In 2012 Tomark Industries Inc, formed a joint venture with Worthen Industries, Inc called Tomark-Worthen, LLC. The JV sells insulation for photovoltaic panels and specialty films for the sample bag and aerospace markets. More information on these products can be found at Tomark-Worthen.com.